Talkabout Sex & Relationships 2 is a comprehensive toolkit for all therapists, educators and support staff who deliver sex education to people with special needs. It is intended primarily to support groupwork but activities can be easily adapted to suit the needs of individuals with varying abilities.
The resource emphasises the importance of being well informed in regards to the physical, interpersonal and emotional aspects of sex; including body awareness, consent, sexual health and guidelines for a healthy sexual relationship. It is packed with practical activities which are designed to open up discussion around sensitive issues in a fun, informative and non-judgemental way. Each activity comes with guidance for practitioners on how to prepare for and delivery the sessions.
- guidelines to assess the suitability of students for the programme
- visually appealing and engaging activities with full colour illustrations
- photocopiable activities which can also be downloaded for free on the accompanying website
- template letters for parental permission in delivering the sessions
This toolkit is the second in a two volume set, the first of which focuses on relationships. Created by Alex Kelly and Emily Dennis as part of the bestselling Talkabout series, this publication constitutes the most complete and trustworthy set of resources available for groupwork focussing on sex and relationships for people with special needs.
- Topic 1: Working together
- Topic 2: Body Awareness
- Topic 3: Let’s talk about sex
- Topic 4: Sex rules
- Topic 5: Sex aware