30 cards to encourage rational decision making. Inspire decision making with this set of 30 photographic cards that feature unexpected or unwelcome situations. Each one presents a problem. These vary from minor difficulties upsetting daily routine such as missing a bus, to major predicaments with elements of danger such as finding a pan on fire in the kitchen. Some situations will be familiar and some will present new challenges.
Thinking through these difficulties will help children:
- Make responsible choices
- Develop independent thought
- Keep safe
- Understand the differences between minor difficulties and emergencies
- Realise that some problems are practical and that some include an element of social behaviour
- Know when there is danger or potential danger
- Understand that sometimes you should ask for help, sometimes take the initiative and walk away
- Find a balance between acting quickly and considering all aspects of a situation
- Recognise that there will be consequences of intervening and think about what might happen next
The set is designed to encourage children to think logically, to use reasoning skills and to make prompt and rational decisions. This resource includes a FREE CD ROM to enable teachers to print off each card as required for individual pupils.