If you have difficulty understanding what you and those around you are feeling, the world can be a confusing and frustrating place. Misinterpretation of social and physical events can result in feelings of anxiety, depression, and anger. But with education and guidance, individuals with these challenges can learn how to understand and cope with their feelings in positive ways.
In this intriguing presentation, world-renowned psychologist Dr. Tony Attwood teaches caregivers how to implement “cognitive behaviour therapy”. This therapy helps people effectively work through their emotions by developing their ability to interpret the causes and effects of their own actions and reactions.
Dr. Attwood offers important advice on:
- Assessing emotional needs
- Avoiding and correcting misinterpretation of emotion
- Building self-esteem and improving self-awareness
- Managing anxiety, depression, and anger
- Defining physical and social “tools”