This book will contribute to the effective understanding, teaching and support of pupils with dyslexia in maths.
This book will help you to:
- gain an understanding of the links between dyslexia and mathematics
- look at your teaching methods in relation to dyslexia
- engage with the skills necessary for children with dyslexia to succeed at mathematics
- explore some ideas to support children with dyslexia in the mathematics classroom
Contains photocopiable resources and ideas and materials for in-service training.
Pauline Clayton is the Principal Tutor for Mathematics at Dyslexia Action, a national charity and the UK’s leading provider of services and support for people with dyslexia and literacy difficulties. She is an experienced teacher of dyslexic pupils with numeracy and literacy difficulties.
- The Connections
- Testing and assessment
- Dyslexia and the National Numeracy Strategy Framework
- Focus on mathematics
- Strategies for support
- Making maths multi-sensory
- Final thoughts